Creating your eCommerce store might seem like an overwhelming task if you’re a small business owner and want to sell products online. But it doesn’t have to be: plenty of platforms will make setting up an eCommerce site easy. The best part is that these platforms are cost-effective and easy to use. Here’s a look at how you can build an eCommerce store without any programming knowledge required.
Choosing The Right Platform
When choosing a platform, it’s essential to consider how much the platform will grow with your business. For example, if you’re planning on building your brand from scratch, Shopify might not be for you. The cost of the platform and what you get for it are also important considerations.
When considering a platform like Shopify or BigCommerce, look at its features, functionality, and community opinion from developers who support it. Community size is also an important consideration—you want to make sure there are enough people in your community who know what they’re doing so that when an issue arises, there are enough people around to help out. You want to select a platform with all the functionality required for your new business and the technical experts behind it to support you as your company grows.
Why WordPress Is Beneficial For Growing SMBs
With WordPress, you can build your eCommerce store from the ground up with just a few clicks of the mouse. And since it’s an open-source platform, there are hundreds of free and premium themes that let you personalize your site with ease.
But what makes WordPress so powerful? It comes down to three main benefits:
- Ease of use – With WordPress, anyone can learn how to build an online store in less than an hour. You don’t need any coding knowledge or technical experience to get started. You can even benefit from managed WordPress hosting, where WordPress experts can customize your site.
- Power – Because it’s lightweight and customizable, WordPress is highly scalable—you can create any website using this CMS tool—and it powers millions upon millions of sites worldwide. That means if you’re looking for support when building your site (or even after launching), plenty of experts will know how things work within this platform.
- Security – If you want to keep your site safe from hackers, WordPress is one of the most secure CMS tools available today. Its built-in security features make it much harder for cybercriminals to break into your account or steal any data.
Themes, Plugins, And Extensions
WordPress themes and plugins are the heart of any WordPress site. Themes make your site look like anything you want, and plugins help you do things with the content that makes up your store. They’re both free to use, but there’s also a premium market for each.
Once you’ve got a theme and some great plugins on your site, you’ll need to get them hooked up to an eCommerce platform to work together seamlessly. There are many different platforms, but WooCommerce is one of the most popular payment tools available for WordPress-built eCommerce sites. Further, WordPress is a secure platform because it’s constantly updated with new patches and fixes. So you don’t need to worry about hackers targeting your website, and you can rest assured that your payment processing tools will remain secure.
Managed Hosting Takes Care Of Optimizing And Updating Your WordPress Site
You don’t have to worry about security, backups, updates, or speed with managed WordPress hosting. The host takes care of all that for you, and you get 24/7 access to expert WordPress developers who are there to help you build a stunning and fully functional website.
- Security: With managed hosting, your site will be updated constantly with patches to keep it secure from hackers and other threats. You’ll also get alerts when something needs attention so you can take care of it immediately.
- Backups: If your site gets hacked or crashes unexpectedly due to a software update gone wrong (or any other issue), then having backups means losing very little time getting back up and running again—often within minutes.
- Speed: When you host with Nexcess, your site is hosted on a powerful server that is optimized for speed. Nexcess servers are also located in data centers worldwide, so no matter where your visitors are located or what time of day they’re browsing your site, they’ll receive fast load times.
WordPress is the best way to go if you’re looking to build an eCommerce site. You don’t need much technical knowledge, and plenty of tools and extensions will make it even easier. It’s essential to choose a platform and find managed hosting for your WordPress site to stay up-to-date with security updates and optimization. Start your eCommerce journey today with WordPress.